What is Lead Generation Marketing?
In the digital marketing world, a “lead” is a potential customer that has an interest in purchasing a product or service that you are offering. The main objective of lead generation marketing is to capture the lead by obtaining contact information, so contact between the customer and the business can occur. Various tactics are used to capture leads, filling out a form online, calling a phone number, or directing the lead to go directly to the business location.
Why Does Your Business Need Lead Generation?
Lead generation should be the primary focus of every business. Every business needs new customers to grow or to replace customers that they lose. Some companies require a continuous supply of new leads because they may only service a customer once or once in several years. To get new customers, they will need to generate new leads through marketing.
Most times leads nothing more than contact information for the business to follow up on and try converting the lead into a customer. The right marketing firm will target leads with buyer intent. These are leads that are motivated to purchase a particular good or service offered.
How to capture a lead
The days of print, radio, and television advertising are almost a thing of the past. With on-demand music, video and digital newspapers supported by membership fees instead of traditional advertising dollars. These outlets have little ability to create qualified leads. Today digital marketing allows for more refined targeting of leads, with the intent to purchase.
Some popular lead capturing tactics:
1. Capture leads through website forms – By offering some free content like a buyers guide, how-to guide, e-book, or other digital product in exchange for their contact information. The idea here is offering a free product that a potential customer would be interested in acquiring.
The free offering should be something of value that will show off the businesses expertise in the market.
2. Google Ads –
Google Ad is a paid option for generating leads. This tactic will employ paid Ads in Google search results targeting keywords with buyer intent. When the leads click on the ad, they will be directed to a special landing page where the lead can be captured.
Google Ads are useful, but they can seriously cut into a marketing budget. The problem with Google Ads verse Organic lead generation is when you are paying for ads the leads will stop immediately. With Organic lead generation, the results are more evergreen. Just something to consider when considering Google Ads
3. Capturing leads with email campaigns- Using email lists to market to a past customer or leads that were captured and not converted allows you to remarket to these leads. Presenting your offer to qualified leads a second time will help turn more leads.
Here are some examples of lead generation tactics?
1. Blog – Blogs help generate more leads, up to 67% more according to trafficgenerationcafe.com . Simply having a blog is not enough. The blog needs to be actively publishing new content and providing valuable information.
2. Newsletter – A newsletter allows you to provide useful information without the commitment of blogging consistently. The newsletter is not as successful at capturing leads as a blog, but it requires less commitment and cost.
3. Video How To’s – With the popularity of YouTube, this is a gold mine when it comes to capturing leads. It gives leads a much better way of becoming comfortable with you and your business.
How much will a lead generation campaign cost?
That will depend greatly on what your goals and ambitions are for acquiring new customers. At White Crow Marketing, we work to get you highly qualified leads at the lowest cost per lead. In most cases, we will direct you towards Organic lead generation. But there are times when Google Ads is the right choice.
To get pricing on lead generation and discuss the best approach for your business, contract White Crow Marketing.